- You must login in order to post into this group.
The intricate behaviour of flowing fluids in both nature and technical applications has fascinated scientists and laymen alike for centuries. Complex phenomena such as turbulence are ubiquitous in fluid flows, and studying them is of major relevance not only for industrial applications, but also, e.g., for a better understanding of the earth climate system. As such, turbulence has been described as “the last unsolved problem of classical physics”.
Watch a video of the above visualisation.
Here are some examples of our research:
- Fully resolved simulations of fibers with a significant size in turbulent flows
- Natural Laminar Flow
- TRITOS: TransItions and Turbulence Of complex Suspensions
- Recurring intense bursts of turbulence in rotating channel flow simulations
- Simulations of turbulent boundary layers at high Reynolds numbers